Watson McDaniel PTRP Series Temperature Pilots
The PTRP-Temperature Pilot is used with the HD Regulator to control temperature in various processes and systems. The PTRP uses a vapor tension system to actuate the bellows in the temperature pilot giving it a faster reaction time and better temperature sensitivity than the standard PT pilot. They can be used on: oil heaters, ovens, process heaters, vats, dryers, jacketed kettles, and semi-Instantaneous water heaters.
- Stainless steel valve and seat
- Standard bulb & capillary is copper, which has the best heat transfer properties.
- Standard capillary length is 8 ft. with 316 stainless steel armor- protection
- Capillary Lengths: Available in 8, 12, 16, 20 & 24-ft.
- Special Materials: Sensing bulb, thermowells, and capillary are available in special corrosion resistant materials.
- 316 stainless steel capillary, bulb & bushing
- 316 stainless steel armor with standard capillar
- Thermowell (Separable Socket): Available in stainless steel or copper
- Temperature Sensing Dial: Indicates temperature of process being controlled
- SDWA Compliance (Safe Drinking Water Act); Consult factory
Description of Operations: A semi-instantaneous steam-to-water heater is a common application where the simple benefits of a self-contained, pilot-operated regulator with temperature sensing pilot may be favored over more complex and expensive control valves. The thermally sensitive bulb of the PTRP pilot contains a fluid that creates a vapor which increases or decreases in pressure as the sensing bulb – sensing the heated water – temperature increases or decreases. This vapor pressure is transmitted hydraulically to the bellows, which actuates the pilot and HD regulator to control the flow of steam into the heater. At start-up, the pilot is manually adjusted to raise the temperature set point and allow steam to flow through the pilot and valve. As the heated water nears the temperature set point, the vapor pressure in the sensing bulb increases and expands the bellows, closing the pilot and regulator to proportionally limit the steam supply.
PDF Download: PTRP Series Spec Sheet
We Also Recommend
Watson McDaniel PS Series Solenoid Pilots
Watson McDaniel TSP Series Trip Stop Pilots
Watson McDaniel EP Series Electric Pilots